Looking for tile, but not sure which kind to choose? As our Floor Coverings International Bloomington experts will tell you, porcelain is a great all-around tile choice: it’s versatile, durable, and affordable. Cheaper than natural stone and more attractive than plain ceramic, porcelain tile is the middle ground between the two. If you think porcelain tile might be right for your Bloomington home, here are a few things to consider:
Things to Know About Porcelain
- There are two types of porcelain tile. One kind is “through-bodied” tile, which means that the color and texture run all the way through the tile. This type, which is unglazed, is very resilient and good at disguising chips and scratches. It may require extra cleaning, however. The other type of porcelain tile is “glazed,” which is coated in a colored wear layer or hard finish. It is strong and dense, but the glaze will require care over time.
- Porcelain can stand up to heavy foot traffic, stains, scratches, water, bacteria, and fire. Plus, it’s versatile enough for bathrooms, kitchens, laundry rooms, and entryways.
- Porcelain tile is easy to clean and maintain. If a spill or mess takes place, simply pull out your vacuum, broom, or mop. Just be careful not to use abrasive cleaning tools that might etch your porcelain floors.
- Want tile that will blend with your décor? Porcelain is available in a wide range of colors, patterns, and designs, from simple to decorative. It just depends on what you’re looking for!
- Porcelain, like all stone and tile, can feel cold to the touch. If you want to make your tile floors more comfortable, consider using area rugs or installing under-floor radiant heating.
Call Floor Coverings International Bloomington to schedule a free in-home estimate. A member of our team will help you decide what kind of porcelain tile is right for your Bloomington home!
You might also be interested in:
Photo Credit: Todd Lipsky