If you’re looking for flooring that’s more adventurous than the usual oak hardwood or frieze carpet, cork could be the right option for you. Though cork has a more eclectic and contemporary look than other floors, it is incredibly versatile and practical. Comfort, easy maintenance, and eco-friendliness are just a few of the reasons why our experts at Floor Coverings International Bloomington recommend cork to Bloomington homeowners.
Benefits of Cork Flooring
Interested in learning more? Here are some of the great reasons to choose cork flooring for your home:
- Cork is more comfortable on the feet than stone, tile, and even hardwood. Its springy feel makes it better for standing on for long periods of time, and it tends to stay at room temperature (unlike tile and stone, which can feel cold to the touch).
- Cork naturally absorbs sound, so it is an excellent choice for noise-sensitive homeowners.
- Cork is an eco-friendly material for flooring because it is made from the bark of cork trees. These trees do not have to be cut down in order to harvest the bark, and the bark can be trimmed again every nine years.
- Though cork can be dented or scratched, it is generally easy to maintain. Cork does a good job of standing up to heavy foot traffic, and the patterned, textured surface hides blemishes well. To extend the life of a cork floor, it helps to use area rugs and put felt pads on furniture feet.
- Cork can range in price per square foot, but is generally comparable to hardwood and other common flooring options. There are also affordable choices for those wanting cork flooring on a budget.
If you’re ready to see our selection of cork flooring, give us a call! We offer free estimates to Bloomington homeowners, and our Floor Coverings International Bloomington team will even bring our mobile showroom to you for an in-home consultation.
You might also be interested in:
Photo Credit: Artazum